Monday, May 10, 2010

Drew's New Haircut

Andrew has always had home haircuts. However, I have never been able to use scissors. I have always had to use clippers only. Over the last year, Drew has definitely become more comfortable with the clippers; however, it is never an easy task.

I have always joked with myself in my mind that if, because of Drew's refusal to hold still during haircuts, the cut itself was a tragedy, I might consider putting a sandwich sign on him that said something like: If you think my haircut is terrible, it's because I refused to cooperate. My momma did the best she could.

Anyway, over the weekend, I was able to get the scissors out. I don't like using the clippers because they take so much of the length off, when I really just want to trim the edges and take a little bit off. I like the length of his hair - it just needed some 'cleaning up.' Dave came home while I was finishing this cut, and we were both rather pleased with the outcome. As you will see in the AFTER photo, Drew is covered in hair and baby powder (the powder makes it easier to wipe the hair off).


BEFORE


AFTER

2 comments:

Brian and Cherie said...

Wow good job Jennifer! It looks like a pro did it. Have you ever cut hair before?

Amanda said...

Ah! I am so scared of cutting a little boy's hair! I am totally freaked out by clippers and razors. I hate seeing hair just fall off like that. It weirds me out for some reason, so hopefully I can use scissors and John can do the clipping part if needed. lol. That and circumcision. Aren't boys great?!