We are, quite literally, soaking up the beach as much as possible right now. I even made one trip the other evening by myself with both boys (something I would not even consider under normal circumstances!). I grew up in Southwest Florida, and have lived here my whole life. Dave has always lived on the coast, also - part of his life on the east coast, the rest on the west. We have both always had the wonderful gift of the beach. All the memories, the fun, the experiences... it was such a large part Dave's childhood, and mine. It saddens us to think it could be taken away from us. At the risk of sounding dramatic, it breaks our hearts to consider the possibility our children may not have the blessing of the beach for any portion of their childhood. We are praying against any harm from the oil spill in the Northern Gulf, but we are most definitely taking advantage while we can, just in case we can't in the near future. And, we ARE enjoying every second of it!
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Enjoying the Gulf
We are, quite literally, soaking up the beach as much as possible right now. I even made one trip the other evening by myself with both boys (something I would not even consider under normal circumstances!). I grew up in Southwest Florida, and have lived here my whole life. Dave has always lived on the coast, also - part of his life on the east coast, the rest on the west. We have both always had the wonderful gift of the beach. All the memories, the fun, the experiences... it was such a large part Dave's childhood, and mine. It saddens us to think it could be taken away from us. At the risk of sounding dramatic, it breaks our hearts to consider the possibility our children may not have the blessing of the beach for any portion of their childhood. We are praying against any harm from the oil spill in the Northern Gulf, but we are most definitely taking advantage while we can, just in case we can't in the near future. And, we ARE enjoying every second of it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Everytime I see a picture of Bradley, I cannot believe how big he is getting and I haven't met him in person! He is so precious. We need to have a playdate soon so we can meet! :)
Post a Comment