Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Songwriting/Current Music

I originally typed this post earlier today, and managed to lose it, so my words won't be as eloquent.

I tend to be a purist when it comes to music lyrics. I am not "moved" by most songs I hear, although because I appreciate many types and genres, I like most songs I hear. Well, lately, I have come across four country songs (yes, I know, all you twang-haters are mad now) that each made me stop, focus my attention, and say to myself, "Wow- now that is what country music is all about!" I suppose these songs 'caught' me because I felt that I was able to hear the song, the words, the music, and 'see' from the point of view intended by the writer and/or singer and/or musicians.

The songs are listed below. Click the titles to hear them for yourself:

Warning: If you are in a sad mood, don't listen right now. Or, on the other hand, if you want some help crying, then go right on ahead and listen away!

And, in case anyone wants to know about a great new group on the country scene that I really like so far, Lady Antebellum.

No comments: