Thursday, August 7, 2008

Missing the Animals

I am so happy and immeasurably thankful that Toby is doing well at Mom and Dad's; but, I miss him dearly. I miss him climbing up into our bed to keep my feet warm, I miss him purring under the bed, I miss him chasing after Andrew.... and today, Andrew asked, "Where did Toby go?" Broke my heart! I reminded him that, per our conversation, pre-cat adoption, Toby was living at Nana's house now because Nana wanted Toby to live with her and Papa... He kind of stuck out his lower lip, trembled it a little and went about his playing. Broke my heart again!

Here is a photo of Andrew and Toby playing last June (2007).




And, since Jaime and Gary's sweet Fia (dog) died Sunday morning, I just can't seem to believe she is gone. Our whole family has become so accustomed to her and grown to love her so much. All the dogs love playing with Andrew, and Fia was also partial to him, I think. She loved to lick his hands and the back of his arms. I just wish I could do something more to help them with pain of their loss right now.

Here is a photo of Jaime and Andrew playing with Fia (black dog) and Jada last April (2007).

No comments: