Some of you know that around mid-June, I was able to once again pursue my love of reading. I was devouring books left and right. A few were even read in 24 hours or less. At the time, I still was working 'hoot-owls' (Erin H. will undoubtedly know that phrase) at Publix, and found reading to be the best way to wind down after I came home when Dave and Drew were sleeping.
I secretly joined my mom and sister's UN-official competition to see who could read the most books in 2008. Well, for someone who started 6 months into the year, I was gaining on them pretty quickly.
After I left Publix at the beginning of September, I was excited as far as my reading because I thought, "Man, this is great. I will be able to read so much more, and at a quicker pace!" Can you believe that I am stuck on three books that I was reading at that exact date? I haven't made ANY progress! How did this happen?! I am amazed that I have found so many things to do, both at home and otherwise, that I haven't even managed to pick the books up!
So, I'm currently in the middle of The Shack, Shepherding a Child's Heart, and The Mommy Diaries. Is anyone reading any of these currently, or have you read one of these? If so, I would love to hear any feedback you have on any of the above titles. I'm hoping you can entice me to make time and finish these books!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
I'm in the process of reading The Shack...but I haven't gotten very far. Like you, I thought when I was home, I'd have all this extra time (even working from home) - but it just seems I'm just as busy...maybe even more so! :)
LOVED Sh a CH Heart - so good. Getting ready to start The Shack.
I'm reading Shepherding a Child's Heart right NOW! I'm a slow reader, and only 1/2 way through it, but I have LOVED it. It's really made me take a fresh and more spiritually focused look at my role as a parent. Awesome book.
I had to read SHACH when I was at FBA, now that I'm a mom I feel like I should read it again b/c it was really insiteful. Read "The Shack" 2 weeks ago and it was amazing. I hope you enjoy it!
P.S. Sorry I stalked your blog... I have a problem with that. :)
I am constantly reading Shepherding A Child's heart. It's great...and encouraged me on a daily basis:-)
I would be interested to hear what you have to say about The Shack. It is a highly controversal book. I have read a lot about it, but not actually read the book. Who wrote The Mommy Diaries? Is it a MOPS book? I feel like I should know about it.
Post a Comment