Sunday, November 30, 2008

Black Friday


The clock on Jaime's car radio while we waited outside JCPenney- WAY-FM was keeping us awake!

Initially, I was supposed to do some shopping with my friend, Jen, on Black Friday. However, since I was still sick, I did not want to risk getting her sweet baby boys sick. Jen was gracious and understood.

Then, last minute, my sister, Jaime, found out she did not have to work on Friday: very dangerous! That means we made our plan quick, and stuck to it. We opened Miromar Outlets at midnight (yikes!), JCPenney's at 4 am, Toys R Us at 5 am, stopped at Walmart, opened Family Christian at 6 am, ran through the drive-thru for some food, and hit Joann's about 7:30. We were back at her house at 8, took a nap, and went back out around 1:30 after a yummy lunch that Gary and Mia made for us. We went to Old Navy and Ulta, and then on my way home, I stopped at Radio Shack.

I have NEVER, EVER been on a shopping trip quite like this one, but it was so fun, even though I was sick and we were both exhausted. I think we started a new tradition in our family, and next year, we are dragging Mom with us (she was out of town this year). Most of my shopping is done, and Jaime made quite a dent in hers. I am very thankful to the Lord that we didn't encounter any problems and that we were safe the whole time we were out. Just in case, we both carried our mace with us! Talk about double trouble!

1 comment:

Teri said...

I did just about the same thing last year! So very fun. This year I stayed home and did everything online. I was still up till all hours, though! I'm glad you had a good time!