
I have been tagged by my friend Rhonda to share the following information with you about my husband:
Where did you meet? Through David's brother, Scott, and a mutual friend, Suzanne. Suz and I lived together. One night, when I came home from work, Suz had invited Scott, Dave, and Carolyn over to watch a movie. A long kept secret is that even though Dave was in a relationship at the time, and I was SO NOT INTERESTED in dating anyone at the time, somehow, when I met him, I knew that I had met my future husband. I didn't seem to care much, though, then. I just assumed I would probably meet him again 5 or 10 years down the road.
How long did you date? One year exactly; Dave proposed the day that marked our dating for one year.
How long have you been married? 6.5 years (doesn't seem possible- seems like it was just the other day)
What does he say that surprises you? "Honey, I took the trash out." No, in all seriousness, it surprises me that he still tells me I am pretty, because we ALL know I don't look like this photo anymore!
What is your favorite feature of his? He smiles with his eyes. And, strange as it sounds to say about a man, I've always thought he has nice legs.
What is your favorite quality of his? He loves Jesus. He loves his family unconditionally. He has a servant's heart like no one else. He is the definition of hard worker and provider- he doesn't just talk about doing things to make them work for our family- he DOES it.
Does he have a nickname for you? Baby. Sweetheart. Mi Tesoro.
What is his favorite color? Blue.
What is his favorite food? Ropa Vieja, Picadillo, Black Beans and Rice, and his mama's platanos.
What is his favorite sport? Couldn't care less. Not interested. Is drumming a sport?
When and where did you first kiss? October 2000; Dave's parents yard where we sitting outside talking. He was a perfect gentleman, and asked permission first.
What is your favorite thing to do as a couple? No Comment; No, seriously, seeing the light and wonder in Andrew's eyes as he experiences new things. Family Fun Days on Sundays! Also, mundane as it may be, we have great conversations while we are folding laundry together.
Do you have any children? Andrew Steven, 2.
Does he have a hidden talent? He is a very good singer (not so hidden anymore, is it?)
How old is he? 30.
Who said, "I love you" first? He did.
What is his favorite type of music? In this order: Rock, Praise/Worship, Country.
What do you admire most about him? His ability to love me and others when we are not lovable. He is the hardest working behind the scenes person I know. His desire and calling to impact future generations through education.
Do you think he will read this? Yes, eventually. He knows I was typing something about him. I think he's a little nervous.



4 comments:
I'm so glad Rhonda tagged you...I can't believe I forgot to put you on the list! :) I love reading about other couples...especially about how they met! I love it! :)
Hey-I did the survey-its up on my blog. That was fun! Love you!!!!!!
Awww...that was awesome. And very sweet!!! Thanks for sharing!
oh my gosh that picture - i am just dying. you look like babies! hope you guys are suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper
Post a Comment