Every Wednesday night, my sister, Jaime, comes to pick up her baby girl, Piper, from our house. We keep Piper with us on Wednesdays while Jaime is working at her internship for school.
When Jaime first gets to our house, the kids, Jaime and I all play together, visit, and laugh, a lot. Then by the time Dave gets home, dinner is started, or already in the works. Jaime and Piper stay to eat dinner with us before they travel home to get Piper's nighttime routine started.
I was saying just the other night how our weekly tradition of getting to spend time together reminds me of that old TV show title, Party of Five. Those five family members had a special table they all sat at to eat dinner together.
So we now have our own Party of Six tradition, and we enjoy every minute of it. I personally enjoy getting to do something to serve Jaime. Both of us have little ones, so schedules are something we have to stick to right now. That doesn't always leave me all the time I would like to serve my extended family. Serving dinner to her is one way that I can do that right now in this season of our lives. We enjoy sharing about our day together, the kids laugh and carry on, and since it is a night Dave is home, we all get the benefit of a real family dinner together at the table. Now, if we can just figure out a way to get Gary here... (his work schedule prevents him from being here on Wednesdays).
Thursday, September 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
What sweet memories those will be for your kiddos and for YOU!
Post a Comment