Decisions about what to surprise my son with in his lunch box, how to get the slobber-soaked baby puff stain out of the white on the baby's shirt, how to help my husband stick to a routine that allows him more rest, how to best feed myself when I can't eat most things anymore, how to economize each 1/10th of a cent that enters our bank account, when to realize a day's work is done, when to lie awake and pray more, longer, when to try feeding food to the baby for the 2,167th time....
Activities surrounding the early morning getaway of my hubby and our firstborn, the rousing of a congested baby, the
Emotions about others who are in need, about my four-year-old being in school, already, about the love I have for so many, but am no good at expressing, about the punk who almost hit my vehicle while I had my children with me, about the husband who works tirelessly on behalf of me and our sons and loves me and them so deeply, the mom and dad I know I will never be able to live without, the memories my childhood gave me, the relationships that are in excellent shape and the ones that still need mending...
Prayers for so much, the impossible, but the ask-able, the do-able for Christ, but the un-do-able for man, the ridiculous by human standards, but possible for Him, the protection of so many, and comfort for the un-protected, the stupidity of myself, and the thanksgiving for the grace the Cross brings me, the fruit I know He can bear through me, the attitude I reflect to my family and others, for the world and the worldy, for the soldier in harm's way, for the unknown tribesman who hunts in a distant jungle, wondering if that is all he was meant for...
Thoughts about remembering to put that in the mailbox, about calling to confirm someone's appointment, about what D must be doing in school, about how did I get to be this age, because I know I was just eighteen, about will I always want to take a nap, even though I don't, about how much longer does my hair need to get, did I restart the dryer, was that the phone I heard, where are the scissors, will they both sleep tonight....
Preparations for serving my children, my husband, my niece, my sister - will she like that for dinner this week? For laundry folding, out of the reach of both boys, for the yard sale I desperately need to put together, for the cupcakes I am making, for the food or things I want to make for other people, for the year ahead, the five years down the road, and eternity...



1 comment:
I loved this post Jenn. Thank you so much. I've read it several times since you posted!
Post a Comment