Friday, July 31st, was Andrew's Third Birthday! We can hardly believe it. He has grown to be such a compassionate little boy who is full of excitement, loves to share his sense of humor, and is growing to know more about Jesus each day. He is filled with wonder for the natural world around him, and loves to be a helper to Daddy and/or Mommy, regardless of the task. He enjoys cooking (baking), doing laundry, helping in the yard, and washing windows! To say we are thankful for this precious gift the Lord gave to us three years ago is quite an understatement, but is as true as can be.
Andrew loves to talk, and each day, he surprises us with what he will say next (in a good way). Just last night, Daddy asked him: "Drew, what was your favorite part about visiting the dentist today?" Andrew's reply astounded us, as he phrased it in a complete sentence, which, of course, we have not 'taught' him yet. He said, "My favorite part was going up in the spaceship chair."
The other night we asked, while in the car riding home after dark, "Andrew, who hung the moon?" I wasn't really sure what his response would be- I think part of me thought he wouldn't understand the question. He replied, quite emphatically, "JESUS!"
I wish I would have written down all the amazing things he has said in the last week or so, but I wouldn't be wishing I had if, I, in fact, had. So, thanks for humoring me and allowing me to share a few things I remember from the last couple days.
While we wish we could stall this time in his life (doesn't every parent), we look forward to seeing how God is going to continue to grow him through the years. Andrew, it has been the joy of our lives to be your parents, even for these three short years, and we thank God for the awesome responsibility and privilege He has given us with your life. We love you, and Happy Birthday!



No comments:
Post a Comment