Friday, August 14, 2009

Baby Projects

I don't know where to start about the long list of projects we had on our list to complete this summer while Dave was home. However, now that he has gone back to work, I am working on getting Drew back on his 'normal' routine (although I know in a little over a month it will all be disrupted again).

There are also various projects left on my list I need to complete before the baby comes. Some are directly related to Baby himself; others are just items that need crossing off before he arrives that don't really have anything to do with a new baby in the house.

Drew and I completed two of those this week that are kind of exciting. We washed all the bassinet linens and assembled the bassinet. Of course, Drew keeps asking to go for a ride in it, and we have the long conversation over and over about how he is too big, but he did 'go for rides' in it when he was a little baby. He has been practicing rocking his big teddy bear in the bassinet, and he likes to sing while he does it. Very cute.

Another accomplishment (especially in the heat and when your belly is out to ........... here), we washed, re-assembled, and installed the infant car seat in the van. Again, Drew thinks he is the baby and that he should fit in the seat. After I let him have his turn in it, I think he realized how uncomfortable it is for him. So, now, if baby comes at any point, they will let us leave the hospital with him because his seat is properly installed. That is always a good thing (to be able to leave with your own baby)!

So, the list goes on, but we are making progress, one item at a time, one day at a time.

No comments: