I'm rattling off some random items tonight....
WINNIE THE WHO?
First, Andrew is now noticing Winnie the Pooh in a few things lying around (we don't have much Pooh stuff around because David does not care for that character). For an unknown reason, although we have one theory so far, Andrew refers to Winnie the Pooh as "Cubbie". We have asked him about this character for a few days in a row and he points to him and tells us, very-matter-of-fact-like, that is "Cubbie." If we ask Andrew where Cubbie is, he points to Winnie the Pooh. So, in our house, we have a new friend to keep Elmo, Birdie, Grover and Cookie company: Cubbie.
LIFE WITH LITTLE BOYS
I was warned many times by many people, and even in books, particularly Bringing Up Boys by James Dobson: be ready for the injuries that come along with having boys in the family. Well, we've had our share of little injuries here and there, but today I had my first real, true, oh-my-goodness-what-happened-to-my-baby moment. One of those how-did-we-go-from-having-such-a-good-time-to-having-a-screaming-in-pain-child-in-our-arms? David, Drew and I were in the living room playing and laughing. Andrew was indicating he wanted to go outside and play in the water, and was running back and forth to the front door, tagging it each time he reached it. On one of his return trips to the coffee table, he lost traction (I should have known running on tile with socks on at his age is not wise) and spun around by the chair, landing brow-bone first onto the tile floor with great speed. Crazy screams came out of nowhere- we both lept to pick him up and ran to the couch to examine and comfort. After several, several moments of soothing, kissing and a little Praise Baby music (he did NOT want ice on it), he was ready to go again. Just a bruise on his head over his left eye. Praise the Lord for His mercy and protection.
MY SOAPBOX FOR THE EVENING
How do you explain to our country as whole, and to individuals, that sometimes what is best for the country is not always best for each of us individually? I am so sickened by the laziness that seems to abound by so many who want a government to do everything for them, including provide for their personal needs. How did some of these people learn that laziness makes us prosperous, or that we are entitled to anything above organization, protection, liberty and freedom by our government?
NEW RADIO SHOW
While I sometimes listen to Sean Hannity, I don't agree with everything that he says. Hannity and Limbaugh are too sensationalized for my taste (and I get too wound up anyway when I listen to them). However, on my drives home from work late at night, I have discovered a show hosted by Dennis Prager (http://www.dennisprager.com/) that I sincerely enjoy. I don't know how long his show is, but I usually catch him sometime between 11 and 11:45. Check him out sometime if you have a chance on AM 1240/1270. I am not endorsing his show- I just found him to be a breath of fresh air in conservative talk radio.
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I am cracking up - I did really spell it DUE! Yes, the teacher is me has totally left the building apparently. HA! I wish that we could come to David's party. We are staying at LaPlaya that night for our 2nd anniversary. We really do need to get together!
Post a Comment