Saturday, June 14, 2008

Drew and Momma Make Banana Bread


On June 7th, Andrew and I had a very special 'first'. It was the first time we baked together. I chose a recipe for Banana Bread that I've used for several months because it is Drew-friendly (for anyone who doesn't know, he is allergic to all dairy items). This particular recipe is also one in which I sub Drew's favorite soy yogurt for eggs, so that is why he is able to safely lick the batter off the beaters.


I carefully measured each ingredient and let Andrew pour it into the bowl (more like dump it in). Then, we used the electric beater together. He instinctively knew to put his hand on mine when I turned the beater on.


When we were through, I handed him the beaters to lick! It was clear that this was a very special moment for both of us, and a special memory was made!

1 comment:

The Patterson Family said...

Auntie Jen says, "Next time I would love to taste some of your yummy banana bread Andrew."

"We can't wait to play with you on Tuesday morning!" says John Robert & Hannah Mae

Love you! and have a fantastic day with Daddy!