The Essential Vegetarian Cookbook!
Even when I asked for tie-breaker votes, I still ended up with a tie (Dave was given a vote, and of course he voted for the Mitford Cookbook). I was trying to decide between the two, and told Dave that I felt for the sake of our marriage I needed to go with the Mitford cookbook, because he just was not very enthusiastic about vegetarian anything. I had explained I had been looking forward to stretching myself with the self-imposed 'assignment.' And while each of the cookbooks would have been a stretch to some degree, I felt the Mitford cookbook was going to be the least stretching of any (except for our waistbands, of which I'm sure it would stretch plenty). David indicated that as long as I don't expect him to become vegetarian (which I don't, and I wouldn't even consider doing because I like meat too much), that he would be happy to allow me to try to entice him into eating his veggies more with some yummy recipes from the vegetarian cookbook.
I plan to have my first recipe prepared in a few days, so get ready for the journey and stay tuned!
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Super! I think Dave will be very surprised. John has become more vegetarian than me, mostly because he's just more frugal and pregnant ladies need their protein and iron. But at any rate, I think he will still be surprised how yummy most vegetarian cookbook recipes are and how your taste buds adapt to new and different veggies. I think I'd like to try this idea with a vegetarian cookbook, too! Do you think you'll be spending much money on extra spices and ingredients? That's always our reason for not following many recipes. It's just too pricey for us right now. But the corn chowder recipe you just posted sounds pretty cheap!
Yay! My favorite one!
Post a Comment