Sunday, July 19, 2009

Not My Ways, But Yours

As you all have heard (and perhaps seen the photos), David's truck was considered a total loss after an accident on June 27th. Prior to that, we had been trying to sell the car I drove so we could upgrade to a mini-van, or a "mothership", as some ladies I know call it. We had just finally decided to list the car on E-Bay the day before the accident for a 7-day auction. We had it for sale for a while, but given that we weren't willing to pay $40-$50 an ad to list it in various places, our exposure was limited.

Well, now that the whole insurance fiasco is finally over with, we can see how, while we would never choose for Dave and Drew to be in an accident, this was the Lord's way of providing for what our family needed. Our insurance settlement for Dave's truck was more than we could have ever sold our car for, and we were able to purchase a van for less than that amount.

I must admit, especially during the first week following the accident, my attitude was not the greatest in this regard. I was upset at the man who hit Dave's truck, at the insurance for taking their sweet time returning phone calls, at the financial hit I thought we were going to take for someone else's mistake, etc., etc., etc.

However, God's provision is always an interesting thing, and this experience has taught me that once more.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

That is so cool! I had a similar incident after my car was totaled a few years ago. God definitely used it for good.

Car accidents can be so frightening afterwards and cause a lot of stress for a long time. I am so glad that God blessed you the way He did and especially that He gave you the heart to see and know it.