Three weeks after our trip, I am posting about our trip to Disney. We took Andrew on David's birthday for Drew's first visit, and it was as magical an experience as we had hoped. I had found a book while wandering through the library one day that enabled me to plan our day to be as fun as it could be for a toddler, while being realistic about what can be done in one day. I highly recommend Kim Wright Wiley's Walt Disney World with Kids if you are planning on a trip to Disney.
Papa and Nana joined us on the trip, and were able to share in the experience of Drew's first visit, and all the excitement that goes with it. We shared a condo hotel, and were able to have lots of quality time together while we were there.
I didn't go on many rides, but here are Drew and I waiting in line together for the Peter Pan ride. We were getting our stink on with all the other folks in line, sweating up a storm. However, I must say, because we got to most of the rides for Drew in the morning, we didn't have to wait longer than 20 minutes for anything AND it wasn't in the late afternoon heat.
This was the moment that topped them all! We all waited in line for Drew to meet Mickey Mouse, to whom he affectionately refers as "Hot Dog" because of the Hot Dog song/dance Mickey sings on his show, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. The moment we walked into the room where Mickey and Minnie were, the unmistakable look of astonishment, amazement, unbelief, and pure joy came across Andrew's face. He could not believe he was looking at Hot Dog, for real! Hot Dog gave him a hug, visited with him, and even did the Hot Dog dance for him. Then we all got hugs and left with a very, very special memory.



No comments:
Post a Comment