Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Turning Over a New Leaf?

I don't know if it is because I'm 30 now, or if it is because it's a new year, and a fresh start perhaps. But I've been less reluctant to begin or go back to some things that previously were just passing thoughts or I didn't see the importance in, or I just lacked the desire to complete (read: laziness).

1. I took a BIG step WAY out of my comfort zone and committed to attending RefresHer on Tuesday mornings. I am so glad that God has continually put it on my heart, slowly preparing me for when His timing was perfect. I am excited for what God has in store during the time of this study, and am already very encouraged by it.

2. This is where I am most afraid of failure: any kind of physical exercise. I love to exercise, though you wouldn't know it to look at me! I always feel so good during and afterwards. However, I have a list over a mile long (longer than any distance I could ever run) of reasons why I haven't been faithful in this area. So I found this: The Couch to 5K Running Plan. I am hoping and praying that I can shed some of this extra weight and be in better overall health by following this plan.

I hope to post more 'new things' in the near future, but these are two big things for me to get me started. Please, please - no nay-sayers. Encouraging words only!

3 comments:

Kara said...

I think this is all really cool! I'm so glad that you chose now to come to Tuesday Morning RefresHer...just in time for God to put us together in a group! :) And I am encouraged by your boldness in declaring your plan to exercise! Perhaps I need to join you! I'm not one to enjoy exercise...but I do like the way I feel afterwards (except the need for a shower part) and I certainly like what it does for my body! :)

YOU GO GIRL!

Erin said...

If you ever want to walk together I would love it! I too have been trying to make exercise a part of my weekly routine! Getting together soon would be fun!

bp said...

Nice to find your blog! I will be 30 this year next month. God bless you.