
Drew and I took a little trip to a BIG store tonight... Whole Foods Market. Yes, I know it's been there for months, but this is the first time I've made it.
My reason for visiting is different- my son is allergic to everything. I went just to scope things out (not spend much money) and see what they had to offer. WOW... as the mother of someone whose non-allergy list is shorter than the actual allergy list, this place was a vision.
Of course Drew loved the 'car' part of the cart. I could not believe some of the things I came across. I was OVERWHELMED, but in a good way. It made my head spin! SO, SO many things that would help me get a better balance of things into him while still keeping the allergens out of his food. I think the section I found most surprising as it relates to us was the baking aisle. There were so many ingredients and mixes that would be Drew-friendly, I could hardly speak.
UN-related to us, I could not believe the ready-made food available at this place! And, no surprise, expensive. I did find quite a few things on sale, and the way I shop, you can be sure I know a good deal when I see one, especially on groceries.
We did buy two bags of Veggie Pirate's Booty (the kind with no cheese or milk ingredients), and I found a bottle of the Whole Foods Store Brand gummy vitamins for Drew for which I just happened to have a coupon (no shopping trip is complete if I don't have my coupons!). We spent $11, which I'm certain is no small achievement! So, as if I don't have enough incentive already, I can feel better about all my coupon craziness when I know it will perhaps allow me to buy Andrew a few things now and then at Whole Foods.






2 comments:
Thank you for your prayers! I don't think we've met either, but I know your husband because I sing sometimes on Saturday nights. I love Peggy, she's a great speaker. I know her from Apples of Gold and she's so sweet.
we were there the other day too! i was finding some things that dan can actually eat (see my blog). yeah, totally expensive...
Post a Comment