Andrew and I checked our garden out front earlier, and to my surprise, our sweet peppers and carrots are sprouting! This is very amusing to me since I don't consider myself to have a green thumb, at all.
Our zinnias (multicolored flowers) are turning out beautifully, and our basil plant has many sections, all very fragrant. The ivy vine is winding its way around the trellis, and the other vine (I don't know what kind) is attaching itself very sturdily to the front of the wall.
We have so much fun playing in the dirt together, planting things and trimming plants. The only things that can rain on our parade sometimes are mosquitos, and, well, rain.
Now, about that growing a little boy title, I have been giving Andrew soy milk and soy yogurt for roughly a year, because of his dairy allergies. Well, I was not prepared for this today, but now I need to stop the soy and use rice milk. The doctor thinks he is allergic to soy (from obvious sources, such as the milk and yogurt), even though his reaction (if you can call it that) is not at all like the reaction to dairy. SO, we now add to the list a ton of other things he can't ingest. But, praise God for knowing this now and not years down the road.
Our zinnias (multicolored flowers) are turning out beautifully, and our basil plant has many sections, all very fragrant. The ivy vine is winding its way around the trellis, and the other vine (I don't know what kind) is attaching itself very sturdily to the front of the wall.
We have so much fun playing in the dirt together, planting things and trimming plants. The only things that can rain on our parade sometimes are mosquitos, and, well, rain.
Now, about that growing a little boy title, I have been giving Andrew soy milk and soy yogurt for roughly a year, because of his dairy allergies. Well, I was not prepared for this today, but now I need to stop the soy and use rice milk. The doctor thinks he is allergic to soy (from obvious sources, such as the milk and yogurt), even though his reaction (if you can call it that) is not at all like the reaction to dairy. SO, we now add to the list a ton of other things he can't ingest. But, praise God for knowing this now and not years down the road.



1 comment:
hey jen :)
i've been making rice milk at home...i have a Vita-Mix...have you heard of it? Do you have a really good quality mixer? It's so much cheaper than buying it! It does taste a bit different than the store bought but that's to be expected when making whole foods..anyway, email me if you have any questions...lthommail@yahoo.com
:)
Lisa Thomas
Post a Comment