Monday, May 26, 2008

5/16-5/18: Our 6th Anniversary

We went up the road a piece to Bonita/Estero and the Coconut Point Hyatt Resort. We were so excited to go, but also so sad. It was the first time we were ever away from Andrew. We knew he was going to have a great weekend at the Patterson's, and he did. We just missed him so much while we were gone. However, we had a great time to just catch up together(!), talk for several minutes at a time (!), eat out (!), sit on the beach/by a pool and enjoy the sun (!): all things we had almost forgotten how to do. The best way I have been able to describe our time was that I got to have my best friend back, all to myself, for two whole days. That was the best way to spend an anniversary.

The boardwalk to the marina to get to the beach with the hotel in the background- sorry for the cloudy photo; the camera was next to a cold bottle of water in our beach bag and fogged up the lens!

Me, rubbing it in to myself, that I did get to enjoy some time doing nothing on the beach one day!

David landing in the pool from the waterslide!

1 comment:

NaplesRhonda said...

I love this!! You have your best friend back...awww!!! That is so sweet!! (Hey, I posted like 3 posts since I saw you last night...check them out!)