Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Getting Ready for Christmas

David is the lead when it comes to putting up the Christmas tree in our house and decorating it. I help, but he loves to take on that task. He didn't have Christmas trees in his house when he was growing up, so ever since we were married, it has been a super big deal to him. I am thankful my husband wants to help in this regard. I enjoy decorating the tree, but it's nice to have some of the Christmas items on our list spread out so that one person is not responsible for everything leading up to the holiday.

This year, both boys helped, as Brad is now old enough to help and enjoy the fun. We began a tradition of Drew placing the star when he was younger, so now we are adjusting the tradition to allow both boys to have an opportunity for placing the star.


Drew and Daddy hanging the bead garland.


Bradley excited to have bins to push around the living room!


Drew adding very special ornaments to the tree. We have ornaments my mom made when I was a baby & toddler, ornaments from my late godmother's collection, and ornaments I made when Drew was a baby. All are child safe and of great sentimental value.


Drew's moment to place the star.


Brad's first star-placing experience - he's a natural!


B exploring all the new 'toys' on the tree (ornaments).


In awe over the shiny star on the top! I just love that chubby little hand!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Oh my goodness - that last picture is so adorable! Well, all the pictures are too adorable. So fun that they are helping with the tree.