Wednesday, December 22, 2010

What to Do with Christmas Photo Cards...

... once Christmas is long gone?

You want to keep them for the keepsakes they are, but where do you keep them so that you will eventually revisit them?

This idea was adapted from another mom who shared what she did with hers a few years ago. She keeps the photos and includes them in her weekly planning calendar that hangs on her family's refrigerator. Her family then spends that week praying for the family whose photo appears.

I don't use a weekly calendar method, nor do I have my calendar on my refrigerator. Instead, I cut out the photos, tape/glue them to card stock, write the family name under the photo, and thread them on to two binder rings. We flip to the next card each day. They hang on my calendar, right near my desk, where we all see the family for that day. The idea is that we individually, and corporately, pray for that family as much as possible in our prayer times that day. Now, some days go by, and I (or we) haven't been as faithful as originally intended. Then, we just leave that family up for another day, so that we are sure they have a full day during which their family is covered in prayer. Once Christmas is over, I look forward to making many more beautiful additions.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Wow! This makes me want to send you a card for sure! And thanks for this idea. What a great way to teach your children to pray, and to remember people's names, too.