Man, I just don't know where to begin. We vacationed from Jun 30th to Jul 7th. It was THE best. We joined my parents at their cabin in Georgia. The boys loved, loved, loved the outdoors (no surprise there). A quick synopsis: Drew was able to see fireworks for the first time, by the river, in Albany, Georgia. We visited cows, up close and personal, in the pasture. We ate hundreds, and picked thousands, of fresh blueberries. We made blueberry pie for the first time, without a recipe, and it was delicious. We visited the Museum of Aviation in Warner-Robins, Georgia, and saw a massive collection of warplanes, helicopters and other flight vehicles. Some were used for cargo, rescue, combat... wow, wow, wow. We could not believe all the planes we were seeing in person. A definite strong recommendation if you are ever in that area. We had a great trip up, and a good trip back as well. On the way up, we visited Yoder's Amish Restaurant. A first for me, a repeat offense for David. Well, yes, it was unbelievably yummy, but I ate small morsels so as not to be sick the whole trip. I still don't do well with eating (without side effects) since my surgery in December. Also, in allergen news ... Drew ate pancakes with buttermilk in them and his reaction was slightly more subdued. We are trying to test the waters a little bit in regard to his food allergies, and with some success. On the way back, Nana (my mom) joined us for the trip while Papa (my dad) remained for another week. In that scenario, the boys were definitely happy to have someone join them in the back of the van for constant company.
I don't have any photos to upload yet. My hard drive failed upon our return, and while my computer has a new one, I can't get it to recognize my smart card yet with all my photos. And, as you can imagine, figuring that out is not high on my list of priorities.
I've just scratched the surface... I'll keep the posts coming.
Monday, August 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Sounds like a great time together as a family! So glad you guys enjoyed it.
Post a Comment