David has officially been finished with the school year for five days now. And, wow! We can not believe how crazy fast things are flying at us. We have a L - - O - - N - - G list of projects we need to complete this summer, so we weren't anticipating a quiet summer.
Along with Dave working some through the summer, the Lord has blessed me with the opportunity to pick up a few extra projects for some clients. Then the invitations for graduations, birthdays and other events have been a steady stream in the mail. Meanwhile, we wanted to make it a priority to do some things with certain friends we haven't been able to do things with in a while. Add to it a short trip to Orlando, a fishing trip for Dave with Dad and Gary, and a jaunt to the cabin in Georgia at some point. Dave is also planning on helping his parents move if that happens as planned over the summer. All of a sudden, it seems as if we are going to be hard-pressed to get the things done around here that we need to. And somewhere in there, we wanted to have a few days where we weren't on a tight schedule. Somehow, I don't see that happening :)
I don't think stressful is the proper word to describe it, but every time I get out our calendar to add or move something, I can't catch my breath and I start wondering how we are going to do it all. But then I remind myself that the Lord has planned each one of these days long before we were even born, so, what is meant to happen each day, will. We just have to be good stewards of our time and do the best we can. I am so thankful to have Dave home some so we can enjoy the last time in our family's history that we will be a family of three. I am thankful he is encouraging me to take the opportunities to do some extra work right now. I am thankful he is able to work on the home projects I would never be able to do. I am thankful he is excited about our few short, quick trips and willing to put the effort into them to make them successful.
What new, different or unusual things are you planning for the summer?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment