Thursday, April 2, 2009

Family Date and a Smart Little Boy

We went to the Evening of the Arts at the school tonight and then took Drew to dinner at Silver Spoon (yay for gift certificates!). When we were done with dinner and were waiting on the check, I excused myself to the ladies' room. Andrew was talking to Dave while I was gone, and this was their conversation:


Drew: Mommy crying?
Dave: Drew, why is mommy crying?
Drew: Mommy sad.
Dave: Why is mommy sad?
Drew: Sick.
Dave: Why do you think she is sick?
Drew: Baby tummy.
Dave: Does mommy have a baby in her tummy?
Drew: Yah.

Later, for comic relief, Drew decided to lift up his shirt and stuff his lion underneath it on his belly to make a baby tummy.

Also, as if we weren't already crying with laughter, he SCREAMS "Bye- love you!" to the waitress as she walks away from our table. The whole restaurant heard this. Never a dull moment.

We don't go out to eat much, mainly because of Drew's allergies, but also because I would just rather cook and eat at home. But, this was definitely one of the most well-behaved evenings in a restaurant we've ever had with Andrew. Go, Drew!

2 comments:

Teri said...

I bet he made the server's night with that sweet goodbye! Who wouldn't love that?

In regards to his lion belly, I'm excited for the day when he tries to nurse his lion! That day IS coming after little bro/sis is born. Promise.

Erin said...

OH I am cracking up. Don't you wish you would have had a recorder to get that line? Or Dave and Drew's little conversation!? Oh yeah, he'll totally be nursing the lion - swaddling it - rocking it to sleep - changing it's diaper. hee hee! hope you are feeling okay girl!