Hello to whoever would possibly be reading this- if you are, I am sorry. You should get out more!
Anyway, today David stayed home from work because he still had a fever last night and early this morning, along with the tell-tale backache of the, dare we say it, flu bug...
We packed up to go to church together early since Dave was to be at band rehearsal. This was a treat because we don't ever ride in the same car to church. Drew and I always come later when church starts. Andrew and I went to go play on the playground for a while- and after about 20 minutes, he got sick. I told David I had to take him home and off to the car we walked. It then became very apparent Drew was having a bad allergic reaction to his lunch (which I THOUGHT had no dairy in it, but it DID!). Well, the allergy meds were not in the diaper bag. So off to Walgreen's we went, screaming and miserable child in tow. One dose of Benadryl and 15 or so Kleenex later, Drew was sound asleep in his car seat. We continued to monitor him closely on the car ride home and, praise the LORD, after dinner and some playtime, he is much better and now sleeping soundly in his room.
ANOTHER DAY, ANOTHER DEAL because this fam of three has had quite a time keeping sickness out of the house since late November. Drew has had RSV, pneumonia, the flu twice and we were scared this was round three. Thank God is was an allergy issue instead. Dave and I have each had a thing or two since November also. BUT, we are thankful for healing and hope that healthier days are on the way!
Saturday, February 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment